1- Transforming to remote learning is definitive and imperative
2- What are virtual classrooms?
3- Some of advantages of virtual classrooms
4- Factors that help the virtual classrooms meeting the learning objectives
5- Remote learning redouble the oversights responsibilities of parents
1- TRANSFORMING TO REMOTE LEARNING IS DEFINITIVE AND IMPERATIVE
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, education has changed crucially and transforming to remote learning becomes the alternative, whereby teaching is undertaken remotely via school managed system and different digital platforms, through a virtual environment called virtual classrooms that allow interaction between teacher and students with sound and image.
With this sudden transforming away from the traditional classroom to the virtual classroom all over the world, it becomes important to know how this transforming would affect the learning and if the remote learning would attract the attention of students and make them engaged, motivated and in a state of communication with the teacher.
2- WHAT ARE THE VIRTUAL CLASSROOMS?
Virtual classrooms are a learning environment in virtual space (the Internet) at a specific simultaneous time. Virtual Classrooms allow direct interaction between the teacher and students at the agreed time. They, also, can interact with each other, communicate, explain, brainstorm and even work together in groups, using their personal computers or any other smart device.
Therefore, under the present circumstances, schools and universities have decided to operate through virtual classrooms throughout the world.
3- SOME ADVANTAGES OF VIRTUAL CLASSROOMS
– Easy and accessible
– Education anywhere, anytime.
– Affordable cost
– Interaction and follow-up
– The ability to record lessons for reviewing.
– It covers a large number of students in different geographic areas and at different times.
– Encourage students to participate without fear or concern.
– Generate students’ research ability.
4- FACTORS THAT HELP THE VIRTUAL CLASSROOMS MEET THE LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Learning apps and software
- Hardware for Teacher and Students such as laptops, tablet.
2) Instructions before starting the virtual class:
- Preparing the lesson well to include the most important points
- To be well trained on how to use the system, applications and devices
- Announce the date of the lesson on social networks, with the identification of the most important points of the lesson for the student to prepare
– Choose a time that suits most students
3) Motivating Students:
During the virtual sessions, you can motivate your students by:
– Simplifying the content and avoiding “information dumping
– Defining the educational methods that motivate learners. (See John Keller’s ARCS Model of Motivation.)
– Asking learners some questions, practice basic skills, receive feedback in a timely manner, and determine how to provide assessments.
– Problem-solving exercises and puzzles
– Polling interactions
– Action planning
– Peer reviews
– Taking breaks for sessions
– Avoiding information overload.
Among modern learning methods is the use of many activities to motivate learners, review concepts and create energy during learning, and among these activities and icebreakers
It is recommended warming up the Virtual Classroom with different Icebreakers Before starting and during the session to keep and raise the student engaging, such as One random object, Two lies, one truth, Who’s done what? ….
The goal of gamification during the virtual classroom is to maintain and raise student motivation and communication
Benefits of Games
1) Motivation: Raising Student engagement.
2) Emotion: Games evolves emotional reactions that create outstanding experiences.
3) Immersive Experience: Games make students reach a concentrated flow state.
Video is an important and effective communication method, with many features and characteristics that confirm its role as a necessary educational communication method.
The video as an educational medium can be used as an effective tool in the learning process to transfer knowledge, information, skills and attitudes, as well as rules of reasoning and sound scientific behaviour to the learner.
Benefits to students:
- Easy, simple and understandable way.
- Effective contribution to developing mental capabilities
- Deliver targeted information in the shortest time.
- Develop skills
- Recording the educational subject is positive as a method of communication
- The possibility of re-display the parts that the learner deems necessary
- It is one of the most important means of preserving knowledge in the form of a Visual Record.
- The possibility to see phenomena that are difficult to see in fact due to their severity, such as earthquakes, volcanoes, nuclear explosions, and others.
- Through zoom, feature images can be seen in large sizes such as the cell division process or bacteria activity, which can be studied easily.
- It is considered a university communication method, whereby all assistive devices, whether visual, audio or audiovisual, can be viewed in a variety of forms, such as maps, stereograms, film slides, still pictures, graphics, audiotapes, and films of various shapes that help in performing its role in the process. Educational
REMOTE LEARNING REDOUBLE THE OVERSIGHTS RESPONSIBILITIES OF PARENTS
Some of the specialized educators reported that the responsibility of parents has become doubled in the implementation of the “remote learning” pointing out that the experience will produce many positives, most notably the student’s self-reliance In the educational process, and increasing his sense of responsibility, and the concern to focus with the teacher because he feels that he is receiving a private lesson on his own.
On the other hand, some educational organizations and their students believe that the success of remote learning depends on the seriousness of the parents in dealing with it, and strive to make it succeed, by ensuring that all instructions are implemented through:
- Providing the appropriate learning environment for the students
- Communication and cooperation with the teacher and the school and continuous follow-up to achieve positive and effective participation in the system
- Encourage children to develop independent learning skills
- Create a daily plan for their children to learn, such as setting school time and making a daily plan for eating, sleeping, playing, working, studying and reading.
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!